I’m sitting curled up with a cup of coffee and a plate of warm banana bread, feeling pretty relaxed at the moment. It’s a nice treat, especially since the bread was a gift from a friend. Makes for a good environment in which to write out thankful thoughts.
Besides the coffee, bread, and chance to sit and relax, this week I am grateful for:
- The early veggies that are starting to show signs of life! The peas and lettuce are in the lead, with the spinach coming up behind them. So much fun to see!
- Hats for bad hair days
- Wisdom for making curriculum choices and direction for next year
- Birdsong serenades each morning
- My B90Days reading in John
- This little sweetheart–she is an endless source of entertainment and joy. She’s got a purr like a Harley, is obsessed with batting legos around the kitchen, and occasionally tries to drink from the toilet, but that’s ok.
- Crisp mornings in which to walk
- A possible change in plans for my husband–again. I’ll have to wait to explain.
- Two new doula clients
- The fact that we have not missed having satellite tv
- Ashley Pichea and her amazing abilities–within about 10 minutes after expressing a need for blog “business” cards for the 2to1 Conference, I had a design to look at that was beautiful! She is also the one who helped with the new look here at The Army Chap’s Wife.
- A husband who stops at the store late in the evening to pick up half-and-half for my coffee in the morning
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today!